Thursday, March 19, 2009

Lovin' the Madness!

Aaah... the college tourney officially starts today which is just lovely. My poor roommate. I could watch games pretty much all day even if I don't have a clue who the teams are. I just love the excitement, the craziness, and the crazy upsets that undoubtedly occur.

Well except for last year. Last year all 4 #1 seeds were in the Final Four. Can you say boring? For that reason alone, I am predicting a crazy upset year. I have filled out too many brackets to count, but very few of them have many #1 seeds in the Final Four, and even fewer winning it all.

In terms of Arizona, let me just say that we are in fact lucky that we inched in yet again this year. WHY do we always find ourselves in the same position, sucking at the end of the regular season with only a prayer to get by? OH WAIT... maybe because we've had 3 coaches in the past 3 years. Whatever.

Although even ESPN announcers predict that we might pull the classic 12 seed vs. 5 seed upset, I really don't see it happening. Although Chase, Jordan, and Nic have the tourney experience, Russ Pennell doesn't. But he did do his job this year by keeping our active 25 straight occurrences alive, so way to go.

We will see what happens. Don't get me wrong - of course I would want nothing more than an Arizona win, but seriously. We have lost 5 of our past 6 games or something like that. We just aren't playing well right now.

I leave you with a picture of me and my friend Lute Olson, taken around 3 years ago after I finished running a half marathon. Arizona misses you.

No comments:

Post a Comment