Monday, May 23, 2011

"how difficult it is to live inside my story."

"living inside my story means inside my full story, acknowledging the possible future relevance of every portion of my past. it means living inside my story, not in awe of someone else's - which has nothing to do, of course, with arrogantly supposing that my tale is central or universal, but only with understanding that this and no other is the one given me to inhabit whole. it means living inside my story, not popping outside all the time to check on how I'm doing with the audience, but getting the clearest possible view from where I stand."

"living inside my story allows my fullhearted presence in those places where many stories intersect and complete one another."

"to get there, I need a lot of solitude."

"who I am is not a noun, but a narrative."

-jan clausen

No comments:

Post a Comment