Tuesday, May 10, 2011

churning


I've been on a couple of ferry rides the past few days - a lovely perk of living in a place that actually has water. these are reflections on a few precious moments standing outside, feeling the air, soaking it in.

I stand and look at where I once was.
separate now, and grateful for it.
the distance between us
creates a chasm of hope, 
of something new.

yet as I stand here and ponder
I feel a churning beneath me.
because all movement
comes with a cost, 
you see.

just as the propellers below me
must work and move and rumble
to take me to a new destination,
so it is with me
and my heart.

it's not easy, and yet
you can easily ignore it.
but when you simply stand,
and listen, and feel,
you realize

that the churning, the rumbling,
although harsh and murky
will eventually bring you
into a new place,
a place you desire to be.

the churning
deep within me - 
it hurts. it comes with a price.
it's not to be ignored, and it is worth it
[I think.]

2 comments: