Thursday, January 29, 2009

Coaching Gone Bad?

Ironically enough, it was my dentist this morning who told me about this story so I decided to look it up.

Last week a girl's high school basketball team in Dallas beat another team 100-0.
Read that story here: http://www.reporternews.com/news/2009/jan/22/dallas-basketball-team-wins-big-seeks-forfeit/

Then I found another article from a couple days later that because of the 100-0 win, the winning school fired their coach. This team was at a Christian school.
Read that story here: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/012609dnspocovenantnu.2781526.html

The winning team, Covenant, wants to forfeit the game.

What do you think - should they have fired the coach??

1 comment:

  1. I think the issue was that he went against what the school said. Like the school apologized and then he said that was stupid and it was fine. I can see why a school (or any employer) wouldn't want to have a person working for them who publicy goes against what they say. You know? And seriously. 100 - 0. Was that necessary??

    ReplyDelete