Thursday, August 9, 2012

today

I let myself wander around the neighborhood. no purpose in mind or goal to attain. exercise, perhaps. if I felt like it.

I walked. then would run, sprint. stop. sit. turn my ipod up louder, then skip 4 or 5 songs to find a better one. walk some more. turn here or there, but I didn't really care where I was going. I couldn't be bothered with such trivial things like a destination.

I crunched leaves violently as I walked. threw a few things. tried to look left and right as I crossed the road. I let my mind wander where it wanted to wander and let my body follow suit. do what it wanted. faster, slower, stop. turn.

tears formed at one point. at almost exactly the same moment when one of my favorite phrases from one of my favorite songs blared in my ears: "there will come a time, you'll see, with no more tears and love will not break your heart, but dismiss your fears" (after the storm by mumford and sons). I found myself surprised that the two happened at once.

eventually, I made my way back home.




No comments:

Post a Comment