Wednesday, March 30, 2011

am i done yet?

I'm sitting here in my living room with the fireplace on. yup, still rainy and cold here in seattle.

anywho, I just put the vhs movie "anne of green gables" on. yep, that's right. old school.

I'm not doing my research paper that is on women who have been sexually abused's tendency to withdraw in marriage. nope. anne of green gables it is. :)

in other news, today was the end of my first year practicum class. the one that's kinda like practice counseling for all of us newbies. we went through a lot together this year, shared much with each other and both missed and fought for each other. it was pretty crazy to remember how our group started the year and then suddenly finding ourselves the end.

it's not the end of practicum for me, but next year i'll be with a whole new group of people and it will look a bit different. i realized today as we ended our time together that there is loss in endings, for sure. this i know well from my own story.

but there's also a celebration somewhere in the midst of this loss in remembering what we have gone through together. it felt really good for me to actually be able to see both the hard and the good of loss, of change.

that's all for now... 3 more papers and one final til the trimester is over! so close.

1 comment:

  1. You're right - you are so close!! You can do it!! Man, I haven't watched Anne of Green Gables in AGES!!! Did you like it this many years later??

    ReplyDelete